Monday, December 7, 2009

DREAMS



Fort always ended a post with a "ISN"T HE CUTE" photo of Drew...since I STILL don't know what I'm doing, really, I tried to end with the photo, but I'm starting with the photo of Drew AND MAX! Then on to the dreams....


Every once in awhile, Fort would post a "Question of the Day". Usually it was something she was interested in, and wanted to create some interesting reading.
WELL.....I have a "Question of the Day" for you.......
Have you had a dream about Fort? Since January?
Sadly, I have not. But a few people have told me they have, and have shared them with me. I REALLY need that now.
Donny has had two dreams about her. Woke up in the middle of the night, right after the dream, to tell me. In both dreams, he really felt like she was THERE.
While I have not had a dream about Melissa, I did have an interesting dream that I'm pretty sure was her. Before I tell you about the dream, I should first tell you that the day before I left, another good friend & I had been talking about dreams. She bought a book about DREAMS for me. I read a little, and found out about LUCID dreams, dreams in which you KNOW you are dreaming...so - my dream... I was at Cumberland with my good friend Shelly celebrating her 50th birthday. When the party started the first night, I just couldn't get into the celebration. I excused myself with "I'm just going to lay down for a little bit", with no intention of getting up for the partying later. In the dream, I there were two deer grazing on a hillside. That's it. I remember in my dream thinking "what is the significance of this? WHY am I dreaming about two deer? THAT'S it. I don't remember dreaming anything else. Needless to say, I never said anything to anyone about this "insignificant" dream. Fast forward
to the ride home. I was in a van with 3 women that I really didn't know. We didn't talk much about Melissa during the weekend, although they all knew the story. On the way home, someone asked about her, and of course I took the opportunity (having a captive audience that COULDN"T get away unless they jumped out of a moving vehicle) to tell Melissa's story. I cried for the rest of the 3 hour trip home. At one point, I was talking and staring out the window - and on the side of the road, EXACTLY like in my dream, were TWO DEER GRAZING ON A HILLSIDE! Standing in the same spot, EXACTLY like in my dream. That's it. Nothing else. It really didn't hit me until later. Really until I got home and told Donny. Was it Melissa sending me a message..."you're not ready to see me mom, but I'm here?" I hope so. I BELIEVE so.
Has anyone had dreams about a lost loved one that seemed REAL? I especially want to know dreams about Melissa.
I'm sure you all think I've gone a little batty...just need some Fort stories right now. I'll take ANY interesting dreams right now...
Fort was always interested in her dreams too - always analyzed her dreams. She would get online to find out what they meant. One dream in particular she was swimming and sharks were circling her, but she said "I wasn't afraid mom". This was just a few months before she passed away. I don't know if she posted about it, but I'm sure I got it in an email from her. If I can find it, I'll post it later.
Enjoy the holidays. And the snow if you get it...we are.
(**NOTE- If you don't want to respond about dreams here, you can email me at
pfort@erinet.com)

3 comments:

Jeanette Citrigno said...

Hi Pam, I know I have told you this before, but I have had a few dreams about Fort sinced she passed away. There is not much I can remember about the dreams, except that all of Fort's best friends were always there and in the dreams, it was like we knew she had passed, but we didn't think it was strange that she was there, like, "hey, there's Fort!". I have had similar dreams about my grandfather, who passed away in Nov. 1999. They are the best kind of dreams for me because even if only for a moment, it was like she was there with us again and everthing was good. I know it's not much and I wish I could give you more detail, but hopefully just knowing that she is making her presence felt to so many can be a comfort to you. Perhaps she doesn't feel that you are ready to see her yet, but I do believe that she is definitely making her presence known to you in other forms. Take care and God Bless.
Jeanette Citrigno

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeanette. I'm seriously thinking about putting together ANOTHER book, just about dreams and "messages" people get from loved ones.
I've received a few responses to my email address - if I get enough, this is ANOTHER project AFTER we get the blog published. I think it helps people get through the hardest times in grieving (which is NOW for me)..the stories DO help.
Could I share yours if I do this?
I think I need to retire to start on all these projects!
Fort's mom

Jeanette Citrigno said...

I would be honored for you to share my story! :) And please let me know if you need any help with anything!

Jeanette