Saturday, November 13, 2010

THIS IS YOUR LIFE (fort & nick) and more...

Ok. Here's the deal...our printer hasn't been working for about a year (it works, but you had to feed one page at a time) and I finally decided to upgrade. We're always about five years behind (technology wise) so this might not be very exciting to you - but this new printer PRINTS/COPIES/SCANS. That is VERY exciting to me. So I'm looking at some pictures of the kids hanging on the wall thinking - hey. I can put those on the blog now - I can SCAN them! So here you go - Melissa might not like this - but I'm picking only the cutest pictures. Of both of them...my favorites anyway. Might not end here...as most of you know, Fort inherited her love of taking pictures from me...and I have literally thousands of pictures. I'll post them when I find good ones. Enjoy.


Can you find Fort in this picture? She actually THOUGHT she wanted to be a dancer. It lasted, oh, maybe a month or so. Then I was DRAGGING her to practice each week - literally. I told her she had to finish what she started. At the end of that year, she was in ONE dance at the recital, and it was at the END of the recital. We were done with dance too. After that, Julie Franz stopped us at church and asked Melissa if she wanted to play soccer. That was the beginning of her sports career. She was SO much happier. (It was at Julie's wedding that Melissa & John had their first date!)


She wasn't the tallest one for too much longer after this picture...


She doesn't look too happy here does she? Nick was always the huggy one....


They actually LIKED each other when they were little (occasionally) ...for pictures anyway....



This is one of Donny's and my FAVORITE pictures of Nick & Melissa - Happy Thanksgiving from all of us (early)!


***********************************************************
This is really hard for me to believe, but it was two years ago this weekend that Fort & Johnny Mac had their annual Chili Cook-off. She had been in the hospital for three days before (Wed-Friday) - and INSISTED on getting out Friday to get home so they could have the cook-off. I really thought they should cancel (I mean she only had THREE thorosentecis's in those three days ) but she would not have that. She had to get home to get ready for the weekend. They had the cook-off (and there were lots of pictures on the blog to prove it)...a week later she was back in the hospital for good.
Just doesn't seem possible that it's been two years.
It's days like today that help get us through another day...keeping busy.
One day at a time.....LOVE YOU FORT...and miss you EVERY SINGLE DAY.....
***********************************************************
Started the morning with breakfast at McDonald's with Donny, Nick, Drew & Max. You can see the training building for the Kettering Fire Dept. out the windows @ McD's - and Drew LOVES firetrucks...so Nick & Donny took him over to see the truck after breakfast - I think he's going to be a fireman when he grows up - his great great Grandpa Andy (Rado) would LOVE that - (he was a Capt. in the Dayton Fire Dept. MANY years ago!)


*****************************************************
Headed to Wilmington College today for the Wilmington/Otterbein Football game. Donny got into the attic and found his Wilmington Letter Jacket - still fits...kind of...he wore his green, but we sat on Otterbein's side - cheered for Kevin...Otterbein won. Wilmington struggled this year - new head coach - Ken Minor who was a graduate assistant when Donny played there - Ken played for Wilmington too. Hopefully they will have a better season next year.

Kevin (son of our good friend Sue Franz) & Donny


Kevin is #76...just resting - he plays offense on the line - played the whole game - couldn't get good action shots, so I got the best one I could get. They need to REST too...


the FRANZ clan (and friends - us) tailgating...before, during and AFTER the game...

No comments: