Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome MIA MARIE!!!!!

Mia Marie is here!!!!!!
(after Fort...Melissa Marie)


She is absolutely adorable...and I had the HONOR of being her FIRST friend. When Emma was born, Melissa was the first visitor and Emma's first friend. When Luke was born, Fort was the first visitor, and LUKE'S first friend. So this summer, I visited Stacy & Casey, and they asked if I would be THIS baby's first friend...
I know Fort was there today too...


One HAPPY family! (baby Mia is in her bassinette, keeping warm!)


This picture is in honor of FORT...if you've ever seen a collection of pictures of her, you will notice that in MORE THAN HALF of the pictures, she is sticking out her tongue!


First friend....


Proud papa & baby Mia


Big brother Luke & Mia


Big sis Emma & Mia




Mommy (Stacy), Mia & Pam


Nick & Mia


Congratulations Stacy & Casey! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back to School

One good thing about going back to school? Never a dull moment...and PLENTY of stuff for the blog...

Our "theme" this year is "DREAM BIG". Pretty much about raising test scores. At any rate, I pulled some books that tie in to our theme - and talk to the students about "what is YOUR dream?". I told them one of my dreams was to see all 50 states.
So this little girl (third grader) says "I want to be a vegetarian when I grow up." And I'm thinking, that's interesting...so I say "you can do that NOW, all you have to do is stop eating meat...". She looks at me funny, and the little girl next to her says "No, she wants to take care of animals..." OH. A VETERINARIAN.....we cleared THAT up pretty quickly. Good thing I've decided to focus on "BUILDING VOCABULARY" this year!

I was telling Nick the vegetarian story on the way to see the baby tonight. It reminded me of ANOTHER school story, only this one involved my school Principal.
GREAT guy. EVERYONE should be fortunate enough to work with someone like this...
I was having a VERY stressful day. This guy was a great Principal, but he was overwhelmed (the district basically gave him TWO full time jobs), and he didn't hesitate to delegate. And I couldn't say "no". So I was overwhelmed, and pulled my rocking chair to a corner, sat down and started crying. Then HE walked in the door.
Not knowing HOW to handle this crying librarian, he comes up to me, hands me a $10 and says "go buy yourself a pitcher of beer"....He was ONE OF A KIND.

~*~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

Hope you have a relaxing Labor Day Weekend...I plan on it!

No comments: