Monday, August 24, 2015

Call me when you get home...

Just saw this post on Facebook.  It was one of those Minion posters.  It said "I'm one of those "call when you get home so I know you're safe" kind of person.

This story is a little long to post there, so here I am.

When Melissa moved out, any time she would come home to visit, when she was getting ready to leave I would say "call when you get home so I know you got there ok.", especially if she was alone. She was pretty good about calling especially after she moved to Cincinnati.  (I guess I didn't worry as much about Nick -  thought he was big enough to take care of himself!)

Fast forward to January 2009.

A couple of weeks after she passed away, we got a call from Judy and Bob (my cousin and her husband).  They called to tell us about a dream their daughter in law had the morning Melissa passed away.  Melissa was in her dream - she introduced herself to Candy - they had only met one time at our family reunion at Dick & Beck's.  Must have been around 1999-2000.  She asked Candy to "tell my mom and dad I'm ok".

We always told Melissa to call when she got home.  Well, we got the ULTIMATE call when she got home.  She wanted us to know she was ok.

She always was good about letting us know she was okay, and we really needed THAT call!

Missing those phone calls and visits more every day...
in D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival

last fall together...at Oktoberfest in Cincinnati with the Naked Cowboy.
No idea what was coming in a couple of weeks...

Miss you so much Melissa....

No comments: