Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Birthday JP!


Dear Melissa,
I promised you that we would always remember JP's birthday.  So today, I stopped by the cemetery and sang Happy Birthday to him and left him a Happy Birthday Balloon...and all I could think of was "we should be celebrating his 12th birthday.  With his mom and his dad and Nick and Mere and Andrew & Max. "  I will never understand.  But one thing I know-you get to celebrate with your son. Somehow that is comforting to me.  Doesn't make me miss you any less though.  I love you and miss you both more than you will ever know.

Love,
Mom & Dad

Dear JP,

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday JP, Happy Birthday to you!!!!

How I wish you were here.  We were talking to my cousin Greg the other day - his 12 year old son was refereeing a soccer game - all I could think was "JP would be 12.  Would he be playing soccer? Who would he look like? "  I know you would be smart and funny.  Just like your mom and dad.
I remember the day you were born...we were so excited for your arrival.  Just didn't expect you that early.  You were beautiful.  Dark hair, all your fingers and all your toes.  I got to hold you and tell you I loved you.  You were so tiny.

You probably know this, but every year I remember (to my kids and grandkids) the story of the day they were born.  Because those are the days I will never forget.

How I wish you were here.  I promised your mom that we would always remember your birthday. And we will always remember you.

We love you JP.  Happy 12th Birthday - I know you and your mom are celebrating in heaven.

Love,
Pamma and Pop Pop