Tuesday, June 25, 2019

More Signs

I thought it was appropriate to post this week for a couple of reasons.  First of all, Donny gets home from Albuquerque late tomorrow - our 43rd anniversary.  He played softball in the Senior Olympics on the Dayton Classics softball team.   They ended up with a Silver medal.  Plus he's had a lot of fun. I chose not to go because we have multiple trips for softball this summer.  Kind of wish I would have gone,  but glad I was home to support a good friend who just lost her dad yesterday.

Anyway, Donny gets home just in time for our Compassionate Friends meeting.  He is the speaker this month.  He always volunteers for our meeting on Signs from our Loved Ones.  He is in the process of putting a book together on not just signs we've received, but others as well.

And perfectly timed, Melissa has been around.

A couple of weeks ago we finally had a beautiful day.  So I took my four mile walk.  Right before I left I got a message from Angie that Fort was in her dream the night before.  I love when her friends share when she visits.  I asked Angie "next time she visits, tell her to come see her mom.  I miss her".

So on my walk, as I approached Delco Park, I asked her to send me a song and let me know she was still with me.  (I listen to an old walkman-change the channels a lot)  For awhile when I would get to Delco Park, it was like a portal opened up and I could have a two way conversation with Melissa.
I was hoping she would hear me this time too.

The next song that came on the radio was The Promise by a group called When in Rome.  I think it was a one hit wonder song.  Anyway - the words immediately struck me...

If you need a friend, don't look to a stranger
You know in the end, I'll always be there
But when you're in doubt, and when you're in danger
Take a look all around, and I'll be there.

Two things.  The lyrics told me exactly what I needed to hear.  The name of the song - The Promise.  She was promising me she would always be around.

I had a rough month  last month, and I needed this comfort.  All I had to do was ask.

When I heard "take a look all around, and I'll be there."  I looked up and saw this...


She sent me a rainbow.  On a beautiful, blue sky day.  A promise.

This was the first sign.

I got a message from an old friend (he's actually a parent of former students from MM-and we are now friends).  

The message said "I have a miracle for you"

And I said "Melissa.  Is it Melissa???"

He proceeded to tell me his daughter was driving his Mom's car and was rear ended.  The guy who hit her took off.  When the police officer got there, he couldn't believe that it didn't hit the gas tank.
When the officer said that, Steve said "Fort stopped it."  Then he explained to the officer who Melissa was - and the car had a FORT sticker on it right where he hit.

Steve is convinced Melissa stopped it.  


His daughter was ok - but has whiplash which can be painful.  But it could have been worse.  
She's still around.

Then today, on another walk, I was rehearsing (in my head) a short speech that I will give at a ceremony we have been invited to.  I'll post about it after the event (July 24). It's about Melissa.
Anyway, as I'm rehearsing what I'm going to say (and listening to the radio on my walk) the song "Everything's gonna be alright"  comes on the radio.  
She's listening and telling me not to worry.

The thing about signs?  You have to listen.  You have to accept that they are trying to get through to you.  I believe everyone gets signs, some people just don't listen.

Excited to hear about other signs at the meeting.  I know Donny will add them to his book!

***

Took the boys to see the Menus at the Fraze - their first concert!  So much fun!!!

took ALL the boys...Andrew Max AND Nick!

Just wanted to get a picture of Donny before he left, and this is the pose I got.  Silly Donny.

Donny's team "all tatted up" for the big game.  The next game was for the Gold Medal.
Ended up winning the Silver.  

Silver Medalists

Great form. 

and he's cute too!!!

He'll be home just in time to celebrate our anniversary.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  
I'm ready for him to get home!!!

While he was gone, his sister Jan invited me to the Dragons game - got to see a friend I haven't seen in probably 10 years - Les Davis.  He worked security at UD when I worked there.  He knew Melissa and loved her too.  Said he still carries a picture of her when we went to a UD football game (my cousins son played for the opposing team.  Melissa asked Les to take her on the field for pictures - and I got a picture of them too!)  He was one of the last people in line at her funeral - he waited 3 hours...

Me & Les

I did get a few things done while Donny was gone.  Went through some of Dad's things.  Took 3 boxes of things to St. Vincent's, threw out a huge bag of "stuff", and found a few things I had been looking for.  And didn't make a dent.  I thought I needed a job.  I don't - I HAVE one!!!!

Enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts!















No comments: