Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Letter

Life is Good.

The 5K for Melissa was awesome.  We had over 130 people attend this year.  We will be talking to the new coach tomorrow to talk about next year.

We gave 3 $1000 scholarships again this year - all deserving candidates.

Got to go to the finals of the NCAA Women's basketball tournament and see the three GREATEST games ever.

I got to babysit an adorable 6 week old baby for 6 weeks.  And fell in love...and Kathryn Westbeld came to my house with her mom to visit the baby.  We had a famous person in our house!

We spent this past weekend with our good friends Mange and Mary from Portsmouth and did a 5K in memory of Sam Pearson (who was killed in Baghdad), the son of our good friends Randi and Carolyn, took our grandsons Andrew and Max who had a great time at the picnic afterward swimming and playing with the other kids.  And we'll have the kids two days a week this summer.  Even spending a week with Nick and his family in July for vacation.

And my dad is home.  I am thankful for that.

Donny is retired and getting a lot of things done around the house. And I'm TRYING to help.

Evidently, I was a little too honest in my last two posts.  I deleted them.
For some reason I am having an unusually difficult time right now.

I am so thankful for friends that care...my cousin Sue from California called to check in (didn't ask anything, just call to see how I was doing) and a friend of Melissa's from OU sent a note and something that Melissa had made for her in college (I'll be making a color copy and sending it back Annie...it was for YOU!) Exactly what I needed. (of course Donny is ALWAYS here. He always gives me something to laugh about)

I also received an anonymous letter.  Not so helpful.  I wish whoever you are you would have called.  I really needed someone to talk too.  Might have turned things around.

In the future, no more honesty here.  Just happy stuff and funny stories.

Have a great summer!












No comments: