Sunday, November 23, 2008

Update -
Just a quick update. I wish I could say that all the new chemos are working like a charm and Im back to normal, but things arent going so swimmingly.

My lungs have not cleared up yet, and its been very frustrating. This is the longest Ive been away from work and that in and of itself is quite stressful, but not having the lung capacity to do pretty much anything is really scary.

Im at mom and dads for the weekend to see Drew, and get my second treatment of Abraxane tomorrow. Joni said if my breathing was still difficult I may have to go back to the hospital to get another ultrasound to see if there is more fluid in my lungs. Whatever it takes, I need to get better soon because its just scary and frustrating to be so out of breath your stomach hurts just when you get up off the couch to go to the bathroom. I still look like crap, pain killers dont do much more than relax me so I can take a nap.

The good news is I was finally allowed to see Drew, which made my weekend.


In other news, mom was in another fabulous Moraine Meadows play...while it wasnt 101 Dalmations, she WAS, Cruella DeVille! Here's mom and Josh:

Thats it for now. Im anticipating things take a tremendous turn for the better in the next five days. Everyone have a great week!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the treatments this week Fort. You've got a lot of people pulling for you so I hope it helps. I can definitely see how Drew gives you some energy, that many smiles could lift anyone up.

Bonnie said...

Here's hoping that you start feeling like your onery old self soon. If Drew is anything like Chase, I'n sure he was jabbering up a storm the minute the camera was turned off!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Fort--I'll give you a call later:)

Karyn said...

I am thinking and praying for you girl...hope things get figured out...glad you got to see Drew and his cute self!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!! WE here at Commonwealth are all thinking about you and sending all our prayers your way!! Please let me know if you need anything and keep us posted on the latest! Hopefully you'll be able to get your treatment started soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
I pray that you feel better soon. Love you!
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Fort,
I'm sending you all the prayers I have this week. I'm so thankful for you! You truly are an inspiration to everyone, when I'm having a bad day I check out your blog and you always manage to make me smile. I don't know how you do it!! You truly ARE AMAZING!
I'm thinking of you and your family everyday!

Anonymous said...

Fort,

Your in our thoughts often Fort. I like to think about your now retired Silver bullet spandex, but not in a creepy way cuz that would be awkward.

If you or J-Mac need anything please call or e-mail.

Tammy and Philly.

Anonymous said...

I don't know whom was happier to see who (did I get that right?). Drew was probably missing his Aunt Fort as she him. What great smiles in this family!! Knock out that next treatment. Prayers and hugs from the West. Sue

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better! Good luck this week and I am always praying for you! Things WILL turn around for the better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Fort - Still praying for you as always. Your strength is always an inspiration to me. Can't wait to hear the good news next week.
~Carrie Combs (Doyle)~

angelsamoungus said...

Many prayers and good luck with your treatments